When you’re fighting off an illness, focus on consuming foods that are richly packed with nutrients.
“Try to avoid sweetened beverages, like sport drinks and juice, as to much sugar in body can cause inflammation which further weakens the immune system”.
1. Chicken soup- chicken soup helps prevent inflammatory white cells from moving to other parts of the body.
2. Yogurt- yogurt is a natural source of probiotics, also known as “good bacteria“. It is linked to boost immunity, better sleep & good digestion.
3. Garlic- garlic contains a compound, allicin, a compound that helps fight infections and bacteria. “Study shows that people who ate garlic daily were less likely to catch cold”.
4. Fatty fish- fatty fish such as salmon and tuna, contains omega-3fatty acids, which helps control inflammation in your body.
5. Food Rich in Zinc- Zinc helps regulate the immune system, build, maintain & heal wounds. Foods high in Zinc include:Oysters, red meat, fortified cereal, beans, eggs and pumpkin seeds.
6. Tumeric- A spice mostly found in the curry powder. It is rich in antioxidants and has a strong anti-inflammatory properties.
7. Fruits and vegetables- fruits that contains vitamin-rich are key to maintaining a strong immune system. Vitamins A, C, and E are particularly useful in building immunity. Foods rich in vitamin A include; sweet potatoes, carrots and dark leafy green vegetables.
Vitamin C can be found in citrus fruits, tomatoes and bell peppers.
While butternut squash & avocados are excellent source of vitamin E.
Compiled by: MyCookery Zone
Courtesy: Laura New cumrer and Life by Daily Burn.