WORLD VEGAN DAY!
Who is a vegetarian?
A vegetarian is a person who does not eat majorly animal or meat products. To interest you there are two types of vegetarians.
• The strict vegetarians who takes no animal products
• And the vegetarians who abstains from fleshy products e.g meat etc. such a vegan takes only animal products e.g eggs, milk, cheese, snail etc.
Reasons why people become Vegans.
1. Some become vegetarians because of the high cost of meat and fish.
2. Some because they dislike the idea of animals being killed for food.
3. Some because of ill health and other health challenges.
4. Religion forbids some from eating flesh of animals.
5. Tribe forbids some from eating animals.
Moreover, strict vegetarians face serious nutritional problems when adequate attention isn’t paid to the diet. There is usually an excessive amount of carbohydrate, shortage of protein is likely to occur because vitamin A & D is mostly found in meat and fish.
When attention is paid to the diet being taken, vegetarian diet is associated with higher fiber, folic acid, vitamin C and E, magnesium, unsaturated fat and countless phytochemicals.
This results in vegans having lower cholesterol, being thinner, having lower blood pressure, and reduced risk of heart disease.
MyCookery Zone facts about Vegans.
1. Did you know? Protein can be provided when making a vegan dish by making use of beans, peas, groundnut, eggs, milk, etc.
2. Did you know? Vegans are expected to eat root vegetables, green vegetables, salads, and fruits raw if possible in other to conserve the vitamins & minerals.
3. Did you know? Cooking a vegetarian dish can become tiring, so you can always spice it up by being ambitious.
4. Did you know? Vegans do not use honey or bees wax, gelatine and any other animal by-product.
#WORLDVEGANDAY #MCZFacts #VEGANDAY